Friday, December 29, 2006
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Review: Night at the Museum
Things I learned from watching “Night at the Museum”
1. Ben Stiller is a terrible, terrible actor.
2. No one really needs to sleep.
3. If we would all just sit down and talk it out, there wouldn’t be any more war.
4. If we would all just get in touch with our feelings, we all be better off.
5. It’s okay for divorced women who live with their kid and their fiancée to lecture the kid’s dad about not creating a “stable environment” for said kid.
6. If you have been working on a dissertation for 4 years and it’s 900 pages long, it’s perfectly normal to quit it so that the main character can save the day later on in the movie.
7. Everything else in the museum can roam around at night, except one certain exhibit that is behind glass that we need to come out later in the movie because the plot is really thin.
8. A cool idea means nothing without characters and plot.
No Blasters rating: Two thumbs down, way down.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Grindhouse Trailer hits hard and fast!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Brian K. Vaughan joins the Lost writing staff
Christmas has came early with the announcement that Brian K. Vaughan, writer of the amazing books Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, and Runaways, has joined the writing staff of our favorite show, Lost!
He made the announcement on his MySpace stating,
I’ve learned more about the creative process in two weeks inside the Lost writers’ room than I did in four (very rewarding) years at NYU’s film school, so hopefully, this new challenge will push me to become a stronger writer and help my work to evolve.
via: The Beat
Cryptomundo has the Top Ten Bigfoot Stories of 2006
If you don't read the wonderful website Cryptomundo for all your cryptozoology, you should add it to your bloglines for 2007.
They are the real deal and constantly place interesting evidence onto the web. I am a huge cryptid lover (spawning from my UFO sighting as a kid and my cousins Bigfoot encounter).
They now have the Top Ten Bigfoot stories of 2006 up for you to "oh and ah" over.
A new Transformers trailer is online and it looks awesome. No plot points really, just destruction and cool robots!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Tuesday Tube - Television Edition
The 24th Christmas
The Scrubs - Charlie Brown Christmas
The Lost/Weird Al Mash-up
Superman and Bizzaro in Of Mice and Men
Labels: Tuesday Tube
Stephen King on the Dark Tower comic
Monday, December 18, 2006
James Gunn Interview at Skullring
Shrek the Third Preview
Learn to draw with MONSTERS! Draw Your Own Mutants, Freaks & Creeps
New Star Trek Web Cartoon
Trekmovienews.com has some great information for all the trekkies that miss their fix. Besides Abrams' movie, there's a web cartoon in development that will have the same feel as the Star Wars: Clone Wars spots on Cartoon Network.
I loved those short episodes, but the best place to watch them was on DVD. That being said, the web is the perfect place for this, watch them anytime you want.
The stills look great and I am all for the "darker Trek"
Labels: Sci fi
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
My Name is Bruce photos
Monday, December 11, 2006
Tuesday Tube - Radar Men from the Moon
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
No Surfing (Special Lists Post)
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Tuesday Tube - Ray Harryhausen Creature List!
Monday, December 04, 2006
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix behind the scenes
A nice collection of shorts from ABC Family.