Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Old China Miéville's Picks a top 10 weird fiction List

"I don't think you can distinguish science fiction, fantasy and horror with any rigour, as the writers around the magazine Weird Tales early in the last century (Lovecraft in particular) illustrated most sharply. So I use the term 'weird fiction' for all fantastic literature - fantasy, SF, horror and all the stuff that won't fit neatly into slots.


This list is a few years old, but Miéville is a great sci-fi writer from England - I love his work, The Scar. His list is interesting and I have only read Wells' The Island of Dr Moreau and Brontë's Jane Eyre (which is a very interesting choice.)

I really want to read some Philip K Dick and might just start with The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch now that Miéville is the second person to place it in front of my eyes.

Check out the LIST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.